Search This Blog

Monday, 30 January 2012

Fan of the Week: Veronica Volke - About me and my life

Hello everyone! My name is Veronica and I am a student at Hereward College. So, you would like to find out more about me? Well then, here we go!

When I was 6 I ran away from my mum’s house because she did not look after me properly and then my dad came to take me on and get on with my life.

When I came to Coventry I did not know anyone and that was a really bad experience for me as I felt very lonely. But now I know a lot of people in Coventry who look after me a lot and offer me all the support I need. Since coming to Coventry I’ve had a lot of positive experiences like the first time going to the pub and other places with my family, which helped me become more sociable and gain more confidence.

Now to talk about college! When I first came to college, I felt a bit overwhelmed as I didn’t know anyone and I didn’t know what to expect. When I used to go to school, I would often get picked on by other students, and because of that I’m not the most sociable person. However, once I came to college I received support from the staff and mentors in order to gain confidence and make new friends. I can now say that I know many people around the college, both students and staff, which have helped me become more independent and enjoy life more.

I like Hereward College because I like doing my lessons and trying out new things. I am currently studying maths, English and ICT and my main course is BTEC Level 1 Business.

3 comments:

  1. A very interesting account Ronnie and I am glad you are developing in confidence and you have plenty of friends as you have a heart of gold, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you go to alice stevens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I miss ronnie she meant a lot to me and I don't recall her running away from home when she was 6 we used to read a lot together after school so she was good at reading I miss her lots

    ReplyDelete