Search This Blog

Friday, 18 May 2012

Fan of the Week - Jay Joshi - City of Coventry Freemen's Guild Charity Award Dinner

On Tuesday 27th March 2012, I attended City of Coventry Freemen's Guild Charity Award Dinner at the Guild Hall in Coventry. I was nominated to receive a check worth £250 on behalf of the Friends of Hereward Charity.

Even though this was my first experience of attending such an event and I was very excited, I think I had a lot to learn from the new experience. 

  • I improved my social skills e.g. talking to other delegates.
  • Experience of receiving a cheque on behalf of the Friends of Hereward in front of an audience
  • The importance of being appropriately dressed for these kind of events and creating the right image.
  • Learning how to network.
I really had good night. Thanks again to Nigel, Una Judy for giving me the opportunity to attend a prestigious event like the City of Coventry Freemen's Guild Charity Award Dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment